Theory 3 - Relearning and poor memory

There comes a time when one is forced to account the years wasted in educating oneself. Education to me had always been a cumulative affair.

One learns every day and one never looks back at the bygone days to relearn the same thing again. I thought relearning a thing is a waste of time.

Oh ! How wrong I was. And how pathetic I feel of myself at having to relearn everything. I am not bright enough to have a good memory. I tend to forget everything.

It comes as an embarrassment to myself when I fail to remember the name of the person I am talking to. I am definitely not a bright individual.

Why do I keep on forgetting things? Do I not care about the things I learn? I am a bundle of contradiction.

Anyway,  I had to revisit the calculus again for understanding the mathematics. I stumbled a lot at understanding the derivations. Now how can I expect myself to remember the integration of a normal distribution function having a standard deviation and a mean, when I can't remember the name of my neighbors?

So, I wasted hours of my life relearning those fretful advanced calculus. And like an old school I did the step wise formulation of the algorithm used in the base paper.

Here is the summary of what I learnt at the end. For an iteration of n= 11 , calculations in excel sheet would be enough but for n tending to a large number (2000s) , I would have to take the help of MATLAB.

 



However,  this is not even my work. This is the work of the base paper. I want to see If my understanding of the mathematics gives the same result or not. If it gives a similar result,  then I can go ahead with some minor tweaks to the algorithm.

My main aim is to add the variation of environmental conditions to the formula. Let's see how it works out! 

Comments

Popular Posts