They won't win!

There was a time when I was addicted to MTV, the music channel. That was a time back in the late 90s and early 2000s. The time was different then, it feels. We didn't have the access to even feature mobile phones. We used to have cable connection for television and there was no other source of entertainment except for books and TV.

Well,  I liked to binge watch the music channel while doing other stuffs like reading a book. Retrospectively speaking,  the music channels of today have undergone a massive change and do not any longer represent the youth for a better cause.  Or perhaps,  we do not have people at present making beautiful songs with deeper meanings which can have the power to change the world.

However,  now we have YouTube as the answer to the dilapidated music channels. I don't know how, the YouTube has the knack of showing recommendations of songs which were once my favourite.  I sense a deeper level of snooping going around these days because of the growing interconnection of different ecosystems of technology.

Anyway, I think YouTube brings back the ghost of old memories and then nostalgia.  Today in the morning,  when I was browsing the YouTube,  it showed me a song that I had long forgotten about. That used to be one of my favourite English songs.

The song is titled as "Don't dream it's over" rendered by "The crowded House".

That song was one of the few English songs which made a frequent round in the MTV channel in those days. But as I listened to it today, I realised how much meaning it has and how much of a dearth there is to powerful songs, nowadays.

Here is a part of the lyrics:

There is freedom within
There is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead
Many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
while you're travelling with me


Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know that they won't win

I leave this here. Let the meaning of these lines sink within you. I let you have your own interpretation and your own relevance to its meaning in the current situation of the world and our country.

May peace prevail. 

Comments

Popular Posts